Silpro Extrusions supply silicone rubber cord for use as an effective static seal in the form of a jointed ’O’Ring or alternatively supplied in a free length coil.
We also manufacture a range of jewellery cords in hypoallergenic silicone, colour matched in a range of attractive colours which have proved to be popular. We also stock a metal detectable grade cord, which comes in blue and red as standard.
We produce silicone cord sizes from Ø 0.3mm up to Ø 65.00mm. A huge range of grades can be offered including carbon loaded/anti-static, metal detectable which is widely used in the food industry.
Other specialist grades include:-
- SP800/70 – Silpro’s low smoke / low toxicity grade which is approved for use on London Underground.
- Platinum cured – high clarity silicone used in dairy and pharmaceutical industries
- Anti-Microbial – effective against MRSA & Ecoli
Standards and Approvals
Silpro can manufacture silicone rubber cord and o-rings to the following standards and approvals:-
- BS 2848 T5 CL180T
- ULV94 V0 Silicone Rubber
- FDA Regulations 21 CFR 177.2600
- USP Class VI Biocompatibility